Friday, February 18, 2011


In Salt Lake City right now, hanging out at their gorgeous city library. Seriously, one of the nicest public libraries I've ever seen. Woke up this morning in Ogden, but realized that there is just too much moisture in the air this far north, and I don't want to get sick. I'm keeping plenty warm, but it's just not worth risking illness.

Talked to a guy at a gas station off the highway, he recommended checking out Zion National Park, and that's the second recommendation I've gotten for there in the past 24 hours, so I figured I'd take the advice. I've also learned that talking to highway/freeway gas station attendants can really be an enriching interaction. They see tons of people pass through every day, many of whom are no where near local. There is some intrinsic wisdom that must come with that. Anyway, the guy today was really excited when hearing about my journey, and has asked for my cell number so he can text me for updates to live vicariously through my adventure. Kind of a nice experience.

Anyway, I realized I forgot to put any money in the meter, and I don't really want a ticket, so I'm off. I'll update again in a day or two, or whenever I can catch internet service.

Also, the North Carolina deal is a no go, they found someone. And the package was a snake.

No comments:

Post a Comment