Friday, February 25, 2011

Day 12

Woke up outside the library today at about 7:00 am to the sound of tapping on my window. Or what I thought was tapping on my window. I flung open the curtains in a panic, but no one was there. I figured I should probably put on a shirt anyway.

Drove downtown and walked around listening to the King of Limbs and drinking coffee for a few hours until the libraries opened up. My biggest complaint about Austin thus far is that the libraries have really odd schedules. The one I went to yesterday was closed on Thursdays and the one I went to today is closed on Fridays.

While I was being rejected by automatic doors I saw an elderly woman sitting on the sidewalk trying to fix a plastic guard on her car, so I offered some assistance and was able to fix it for her. In exchange she directed me to a library that was actually open today. She said I'd find it on Guadalupe St. Which she pronounced as Guad-a-loop.

Spent some time scouring through craigslist to find some work and ended up landing a gig moving antique furniture around for a photo shoot and made myself a cool $40 for my troubles.

After working for the first time in, well, a really long time, I rewarded myself with a warm meal. Had smoked salmon enchiladas, which were incredible. I really wanted frozen yogurt afterwards, but was unable to find a place. You win some, you lose some.

Drove back to the library to syphon some free wi-fi and saw a bum with a shitty leg, so I gave him a ride to where ever it was he was headed. Now I'm back again, and making this post.

That's pretty much it for today. Just got done sending off an e-mail for some work tomorrow helping out a moving company. $15 an hour if I drive a truck for them, $12 if I just help move. This would help me out considerably. Figured out that I need $100 in gas to get to Mississipi, which means I need to have $150 to be safe. I've got about $20 of that so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment