Friday, February 18, 2011

Day 5


Today was just too interesting not to post about it while it's still fresh. I left Salt Lake City right after posting this morning, and not too far into the drive started getting texts from Gas Station Dan about Utah history and Danny Boyle movies.

I just kept heading south towards Zion, but saw a turn off for a small town that I can no longer recall the name of right now, which is a bit of a shame. I thought I might grab a cup of coffee if they had a diner, but it turns out they don't. Real small town, the lady said population 250. But I stopped off at the post office to ask some questions and talk to some people. The gal there talked with me for probably close to an hour and another gentalman joined us. She tried to convince me to drive back north four hours and ask her daughter on a date. Seeing as how we were both English major drop outs, obviously made for each other. The older guy offered me a place to park the van and some dinner if I needed it. It was a really nice day. She also asked for my e-mail address so she can keep tabs on me while I'm out here on the road.

Now, I'm at Zion Canyon, and am driving around trying to find a place to park for the night, but stopped to take a quick picture of one of the ridges, which you can see to the upper left. It's pretty warm here, and should be good sleeping, the only problem is finding a spot, since it's a touristy destination being that it's a national park, so everyone wants to make a buck off a place to let your car sit.

I don't know how long I'm going to stay here, I guess it mostly depends on how easy it is to find a place to park, and how little traffic passes by.

No comments:

Post a Comment