Saturday, February 26, 2011

Day 13

No work today, which was a bit of a bummer, but not unanticipated. Let's see, I woke up around 9 and drove downtown to get coffee and a scone, for I am MAN. Used up the coffee shop internet to check craigslist out and do some general time wasting exercises that come with an internet signal.

After that I went to a park and played music for a couple of hours, thankfully no one was really listening because I was sloppy. This humidity isn't my favorite, though I have really enjoyed this city so far. Also, I was caught off guard by a gentleman in a penguin suit. Turns out there were a bunch of humans disguised as animals, and occasionally superheros, that were playing kickball whilst being drunk. Another reason why I would encourage people to visit Austin.

Went to the library afterwards and tried to get some work again, and ended up getting hired to drive a dude to New Orleans on Monday, which is great, because I was just thinking about how nice it would be to get to Mississipi so I can shower. It's been a while, folks. I was my body with baby wipes, but that just doesn't quite cut it. I don't know the exact severity, but I'm sure that my current scent isn't pleasant, and might even be bordering on European.

Since I've now got my time line for heading further East, I guess I'll see if I can't land a job for tomorrow so I can have a bit of extra money, for gas to Mississippi or to maybe check out New Orleans. Either way, I shall write it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment