Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Louis Then West

This morning I left Illinois to continue my journey back west. I was hoping to find work in St. Louis, but their craigslist isn't offering much in the way of temporary employment. Having been doing this for a bit, I've found that I burn up a ton of gas looking for places to park in cities, and since I'm now trying to actually get somewhere, it's best to cut my loses and conserve the gas, keep headed in the general direction I'm going. But, I still wanted to see the Arch. I spent a while, I don't know, maybe an hour, walking around the park and getting vertigo from staring upwards at the apex of the monument, then decided to venture on.

Had a stroke of good luck at a BP about twenty minutes out of St. Louis where the attendent got really excited about my road trip and cut me a deal so I could get a 20 cent per gallon discount, which is rad. Currently I'm parked near Danville, MO at a rest stop, stealing internet from a campground that must be somewhat near bye, though I cannot see it. I've been playing guitar and messing around online for a while now. Probably just stay here tonight. I keep running budget checks and looking into gas costs, and it looks like I'm about $50 short of getting to the west coast, so hopefully I can make a rideshare work. I have two in line, and am hoping to hear from them soon.

I also took a couple pictures, but the internet that I'm stealing isn't a great connection. It shall wait till later, sorry mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment