Friday, March 11, 2011

Day 26

Got to Birmingham last night and had a great time. I was offered a potential gig on sunday, but I failed to get the dude's information, so it's looking like a long shot unless he knows how to contact me by way of telepathy.

Had a few drinks with David Dondero, which was interesting. He was asking me questions about my trip, then asked about my music. I told him the most satisfying moment for me was having a friend (Neal) cover one of my songs as it "made me feel like a less talented Daniel Johnston of my group of friends". David didn't like my saying that, and got really protective of Daniel and told me that I was really arrogant for saying something like that. Which made me laugh, because I'm really not sure how that could be a statement of arrogance, but whatever, he bought me a beer and told me he really liked me despite that statement. He was a nice guy, but strange as all get out.

Anyway, since I managed to not give the guy that talked to me about the gig a way of contacting me, I think I'll head to tennessee today. Maybe stop off in Chattanooga since I still haven't heard anything concrete back from the lady at the Knoxville bar. I mean, I could stay here, but I dunno. I just feel like driving today.

No comments:

Post a Comment