Saturday, March 26, 2011

Day 41

Slept at a rest stop in Iowa last night, which was nice because I could pee in things other than gallon jugs. They had wi-fi as well, which is always a welcome thing, as I can watch tv/movies instead of trying to read by the light put off by my iPod. Unfortunately, Iowa has decided to put a time limit to your access. Oh well.

Woke up around 9 this morning, or 7 for you west coasters. The snow was falling in slight flurries, and I'd just stolen the new Fleet Foxes record, so I made an appointment to get a haircut, hit the road, and listened to the new album. Great way to start the day.

When I pulled into Omaha, I found the barber shop and received probably the shortest haircut I've had in years. Feeling pretty good about cleaning up, and having always wanted to, I decided to spend the extra few bucks and get a straight razor shave. It was a pretty righteous experience that I'd recommend to every male.

The gentalman providing this service was named Stan. He was probably in his late 70's early 80's and told me his story and asked about mine. All and all a really nice ordeal.

After finishing up the return to civil appearance, I crossed the street and had a breakfast burrito, satisfying my tummy's needs.

I'm now parked in a Lowe's parking lot, one of the very few lots I've seen that don't forbid overnight parking, and plan on doing some reading and just set up here for the rest of the day. Tomorrow I'll find a new place and repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment