Saturday, March 5, 2011

Day 20

Having lived in Seattle, I had thought I knew what a rain storm was all about. I'm not so sure now, having seen a Mississippi storm. I stepped out this morning to have a cup of coffee and a cigarette and it was clear and fairly sunny, by the time I was headed back in, there were puddles in the yard. It kept up like that for most of the day, which kept me indoors.

Since I had nothing to do and a full day ahead of me, I decided to sit down and write a song. My first since leaving on this trip. I've posted a video below of said song.

There hasn't been much going on here in Bay Springs, as many might be have been able to guess, but the quiet has been pretty nice. I've gotten caught up on some sleep and the regular availability of a shower has honestly seemed somewhat luxurious. My rough plan as of right now, is to stick around here at my Aunt Barbara's until either Tuesday or Wednesday, then I will be headed north to see a friend in Daleville. From there, I'm thinking I'll go see Nashville for a few days, then play it by ear after that.

I've had some time to let the events from the previous days on the road to set in, and I'm feeling considerably better about a lot of the issues that lead me here. The perspective I've gained from having this time seems to be leading me in the right direction, and I think it is realistic for me to start thinking about what I can do going forth. Most of the things that seemed impossible for me to do on a day to day basis now seem feasible so long as I can maintain the sense of patience I've been working hard on developing. A number of things that previously caused me considerable amounts of anxiety seem to have faded as I've come to accept a number of things as well. I still want to give myself a bit more time to really focus on this, and decide what the next move will be, but I feel as though I've made real progress that is sustainable. I guess I just needed to get lost for a while.

Anyway, here is the new song.

No comments:

Post a Comment