Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Revival

I've decided to reactivate this blog, as I feel that the consistent writing is good for me. I enjoy having projects, and a Nicholas Alexander and I have talked about, it helps distract us from real problems.

I won't be using it as a log of daily happenings any longer, as my daily life is of little interest to anyone, including myself. I'm okay with that, but honestly, who wants to read about a dude going to work a job that fails to pay the bills? Not I, said the person sitting at the keyboard. And since I don't want to read about it, I will not be writing about it.

Now that you are aware of what I won't be writing about, I will briefly outline what I will be filling this space with. I plan on writing about music, both bigger releases as well as the recordings of myself and my friends (with their blessing only). I will write about books that I'm reading and movies that I'm watching. I will occasionally share short stories, if/when I stop doing my best J.D. Salinger impression. If any of my friends have any art that they wish to share, i.e. photography, paintings, comics (Nic), I will do some repostings of their work with some of my personal response to it.

If there is anyone with a desire to share something of their own, just ask, and I'd be more than happy to have guest posts.

I understand that the internet is littered with blogs such as this, and that a large readership is unlikely, but I'm not concerned with that. I have never experienced an audience for any of my works and haven't let that disuade me from continuing, so I don't see why this should be any different.

The first real post will come sometime later this evening or early tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment